The optical 3D sensors detect emergency situations and raise the alarm immediately and automatically, without the user having to do anything. This means the user can move about their home freely, secure in the knowledge that help will always arrive quickly if it is needed.
A self-sufficient life with the option of assistance – this is the top priority for the coming generation of seniors when considering their lives after retirement. 1 Here the focus is on assisted-living facilities and in-home care services as alternatives to living in a nursing home. But today there are already some challenging facts opposing this desire for independence in old age.
1: Survey by the Cologne Institute for Economic Research of 50- to 65-year-old urban dwellers
2: Graphical report “Wohnwünsche im Alter”, January 2011 PDF (German only)
3: Krehmer-Preiß/Mehnert/Klemm: Betreutes Seniorenwohnen. Entwicklungsstand und Anforderungen an eine zukunftsgerechte Weiterentwicklung. Ergebnisse einer empirischen Studie. medhochzwei, Heidelberg 2019, published by Kuratorium Deutsche Altershilfe (KDA) und BFS Service GmbH
The signal chain
1. PatronuSens® in discreet monitoring mode:
- monitors every resident/every person in the room silently and unobtrusively
2. Optical 3D-sensor detects critical positions:
- person lying on floor
3. Pre-alarm mode is triggered:
- identifiable by light and sound signal on the sensor
4. The resident is fine:
- he or she either stands up or deactivates the pre-alarm mode by pressing the PatronuSens® button that is installed in every room
- PatronuSens® terminates the signal chain and switches back to monitoring mode
5. Pre-alarm mode is not deactivated by the resident – PatronuSens® switches to alarm mode:
- identifiable by specific light and sound signal on the sensor
- helpers (nursing staff, family members, etc.) are alerted by text message, e-mail, app, voice message (phone call) in accordance with the predefined alarm plan
- incident and location are named
- notified person or helper acknowledges receipt of alert by text message, e-mail, app, voice message (phone call)
6. Help arrives:
- alarm mode must be terminated by pressing the PatronuSens® button directly at the corresponding sensor location
With an eye to safety.
And a mind to self-sufficiency.
With PatronuSens® you always have an eye on the safety of your residents or care recipients – with the goal of empowering them to live independently for as long as possible. Boost the personal freedom and well-being of your residents and clients with the PatronuSens® technological innovation: